Friday, January 12, 2007

Why does my car hate me?

You'll remember the woman who rear-ended me just before Thanksgiving (who turned out to be uninsured and hard to find) and the little old lady who turned left in front of me just before Christmas (luckily, she was insured!). A couple days ago, an odd light came on on my dash -- it wasn't even shown in the manual! It only stayed on a couple minutes, so I sort of forgot about it. Then last night, it came on again, for just a few minutes. I went to the Saturn website and found out that the symbol means low coolant.

Because there was mechanical damage as well as body damage in the second accident, Saturn told me to bring it in. I needed an oil change, and Saturn washes your car when you bring it in for service, so I took an extra-long lunch hour. The good news is there's no sign of damage. I'm supposed to watch it, though, just in case.

Finally, when I left work this evening at 6:00, I had a flat tire! It wasn't even the tire that has the very, very slow, unidentifiable leak. One of the university policemen put the spare for me. And I guess I know what I'll be doing in the morning....

And don't forget -- the contest continues until Monday at 10:00 p.m. central time. Thanks for all the comments!

No comments: