Thursday, March 15, 2007

Yes, I am alive

My mom and her "gentleman friend" were here visiting for a week, and they kept me busy! We went to Fredericksburg (and what used to be called the Nimitz Museum), the LBJ Ranch, the Alamo, and a performance at the Josephine Theatre. We took a ride on the San Antonio River. We ate at Sea Island, the Rather Sweet Bakery, and Mi Tierra. We got up at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning to put this really yummy Italian Beef in the crockpot. And I went to work for at least a couple hours every work day.

Not much knitting was done. I worked on the sock occasionally. Last night, when it was once again just me and the kitties at home, I cast on for Hidcote, using Knitpicks Shadow in Oregon Coast Heather. Simon helped by literally grabbing the needles and watching the stitches slide off. There were only 21 stitches, so I was able to get them all back on the needle. Why I did that, I don't know, since I always have to cast on at least twice for any project. Sure enough, a few rows later, I felt the need to rip out and begin again.

Along with the yarn, I ordered some US #3 circular needles from Knitpicks. I have to agree with the reviews that rave about the wonderfully non-kinky cable (not that there's anything wrong with kinky....) and the wonderfully smooth join. The tips are definitely pointier that Addys, although not as pointy as most of my bamboo or other wood needles. And..... just as I suspected, they are very slick. This is not necessarily a good thing for me. However, I'm going to persevere. I didn't think I would ever be able to knit continental style, but I learned, so maybe I can learn to love slick needles, too....

No comments: