Monday, May 21, 2007

Quick Post from Iowa

I'm posting from the Terrapin Coffee House in Coralville (right next to Iowa City and closer to where I live than downtown IC), because the cable company is confused. They think someone already has cable in my new place. They're very nice, though, and I'm sure it will get worked out.

Harley and I got to our new home around 5:30 last night. Turned out that she's a great little traveler. Of course, I did give her a light sedative, but it didn't seem to really affect her regular behavior -- she rode in the carrier next to me in the front seat, and dozed and woke up repeatedly like she does every day. However, she didn't howl, or even meow much. I think it just made her kind of happy!

When we stopped for the night in Wichita, Kansas, she came out and explored the room, after I made sure she couldn't get under the bed. She was pretty active all night, which is unlike her, so I assume that was the sedative wearing off. But in the morning, I have her another quarter-tablet mixed into some chicken baby food, and she actually put herself into the crate!

Right now, "home" has a air bed and a coffee maker and not much else. Furniture, etc., is supposed to be delivered on Wednesday. Harley has discovered the window seat in the front bedroom. I don't think she's been downstairs yet, though.

No comments: