Friday, July 14, 2006

More Yarn

But first -- a gratuitous cat photo:
Simon

Simon is peeved. He and Harley were having a nice cuddle, cleaning each others' ears, when I interrupted them. I just wanted a picture. Harley was sure I was approaching to beat her (because you know I do that all the time!).


bamboo fixationHere's the contents of the two boxes that arrived a couple days ago. One box from kpixie contained 4 skeins of black Southwest Trading Co. Bamboo. A fifth skein of the same dye lot is on its way, but the girls at kpixie apparently thought I should get started on Sizzle! The other box was from Simply Socks and had 6 balls of Cascade Fixation -- hot pink, light pink, and white. A couple weeks ago, I decided that I absolutely knit some footies or socks out of Fixation. Because I know the stretchiness of Fixation plays havoc with gauge, I also ordered two sock patterns written especially for Fixation. I'm not positive I'll actual use the patterns, but they'll help me figure out how many stitches to cast on, what size of needle to use, etc.

In actual knitting news, I just finished Chart #1 of Seraphim. The pattern gets interesting about 10 rows into Chart #2, so I plan on running a lifeline at about row 9!

No comments: