Saturday, July 08, 2006

Saturday Sky

Saturday SkyThis Saturday's sky is not all that different from last Saturdays. It's very warm and overcast. This was taken at about 12:30 p.m. from my back patio, looking pretty much straight up (which I can do, since I don't currently have any sort of cover on my patio!). It's about 90 degrees out right now, according to Weather Underground. The high is supposed to be 91, but I'm guessing it will get hotter than that. The average for today is 94.

Although I've lived in San Antonio for almost my whole adult life, two things that still seem odd to me about the weather is that the high for the day usually comes around 5:00 or 6:00 p.m., not early afternoon they way I expect it to. It's not unusual for it to hit 100 during evening rush hour. It also doesn't really cool off at night. The average low temperature for this date is 74, and the record low (set in 1886!) is 66. I miss those cool midwest summer evenings, where it wasn't unusual for it to get down to the low 60s. That 10 degrees between 65 and 75 is a significant difference!

No comments: