Sunday, February 12, 2006

Olympic Knitting and More

There has been some Olympic sock knitting done, and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

sock

The Koigu is actually more purple than the photo looks, at least on my monitor. Also, if you could see the TV screen behind the sock, you'd see that I'm currently not knitting to the Olympics, but to Big 10 basketball. My boys from Illinois (note: that only rhymes in your mind, not when you say it aloud. Twenty-plus years in Texas and I'm still appalled every time I hear someone pronounce that silent s!) are being beaten pretty soundly by Ohio State, which is appalling..... but the game's not over yet.

Last night I went to a crop (yes, I scrapbook, too) and worked on valentines for my co-workers, then did a little sock-knitting. Here's what my friends at work will get on Tuesday:

valentines

buttonsAnd finally - remember the orange and blue baby sweater? I finally found orange buttons. Even though the larger ones are more what I had in mind, I think I'll use the smaller ones, because the color is so much better. What do you think?

BTW, I've switched to Haloscan comments, so let me know if you see anything weird going on.

No comments: