Thursday, June 15, 2006

Felt Up

So last night I seamed up my felted laptop bag and sort of wove in the ends. This evening I threw it into the washer. It seems odd, but I've never felted (don't bring up that felted bag I've been working on for the last year!). I thought it would take longer -- the bag spent about 18 minutes in the washer and it was done! In fact, it probably should have come out a couple minutes sooner. I was worried about it not shrinking enough, since the finished size was supposed to be a couple inches wider than I wanted it to be. In fact, it shrunk more.

felted panSo here it is, stretched over a Nordic Ware 9x13 pan, which will hopefully stretch it out just a little more. The picture doesn't do it justice - the colors blend very nicely. And yes, it's pretty fuzzy -- the mohair in the Lamb's Pride really shows up. That stuff along the open edge are unwoven ends, so I'll need to trim a little -- or call it fringe!

Speaking of Nordic Ware, have you seen these? Mine is the red one with the heart on the front. I'd like to get the brownie pan, too, with the farm scene. What's really cool is that, not only is the top engraved, the bottom of the pan is engraved with your name, too, so no one at work can take it home, thinking it's theirs.

No comments: