Sunday, June 25, 2006

No Socks

shepherd sock lucky stripeThose pretty Lorna's Laces Jaywalkers in the previous post? No more...... I had knit the cuff (1 inch) and about an inch of the pattern, but had developed a ladder between two of my DPNs. I had never had that happen before, so I frogged back to the cuff and started the pattern again. I got maybe an inch again and started having a weird problem with dropped stitches. I decided to again frog back. This time, though, once the frogging began, I just didn't stop! The sock is now a ball of yarn impaled with rosewood needles.

The Jaywalker pattern really showed off the stripes in the yarn, so maybe in a few days I'll start again . But I'm also going to look through Sensational Knitted Socks to see if I find another pattern that appeals to me.

For now, I'm going to work on the Seraphim Shawl, which has been ignored now for weeks.

No comments: