Friday, June 09, 2006

Knitting News

laptop progressYes, I have been knitting. I really want to get back to Seraphim, but for now, how about this? It's progress on the Laptop Case from the Fall 2005 IK (as well as from AlterKnits). It's in three colors of Lamb's Pride Worsted -- Lotus Pink, RPM Pink, and Violet. Eventually, it will be 44 inches long - right now it's at 26 inches. Once its done, it's sewn into an 18x22 inch bag, then felted. I think it will be my project this weekend. I'm not really going to have much knitting time, though, so it won't get finished.





emily cotton.JPG I want to get back to Seraphim, but I'm also trying to decide what to do with this: 400 yards of Schaefer Yarns Laurel (100% mercerized pima cotton) in the Emily Dickinson colorway. It's 8 ounces, and the gauge is listed as "4 - 4.5 st/in," with no clue as to needle size. I'm thinking about Backyard Leaves from ScarfStyle. I think the colors would be nice - they remind me of flowers and leaves. Or maybe Ruffles? I can't decide how that pattern would do in cotton. I guess I need to swatch.

Any other ideas?

Oh - and if you haven't wished Susan a Happy Birthday, you still have a couple hours (in central time, at least!).

No comments: