Sunday, June 18, 2006

What's in here?

laptop case
(I messed around with the color, in the hope that it would look closer to reality. I guess it does, but it also looks like my living room carpet is blue, which it's not!)


Why, it's a felted laptop sleeve containing my iBook!
laptop case with iBook

Yes, after blocking all weekend on the cake pan, the laptop case is big enough for my iBook. It's exactly as I imagined it -- a close-fitting sleeve to give a little extra protection to my computer when I'm carrying it around in some sort case. The store-bought sleeve that I have for it goes a little overboard on the padding! However, now that it's all done, I do wish it was long enough for me to cut a slit for a handle, as it's shown in the pictures. I probably wouldn't ever carry it that way, but it might make airport security maneuvers with it a little easier.

Despite that, I'm very please with it! For now, I'm leaving the 'fringe' around the open edge, although it's dreadfully uneven. If i get tired of it, I can always trim it off!

I've been rather remiss in posting the specs of FOs lately, so here ya go....
Pattern: Laptop Case (smallest size) from Alterknits, reprinted in the Fall 2005 Interweave Knits
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted (85% wool, 15% mohair) in Lotus Pink, RPM Pink, and Violet (less than one skein each, although it was close with the Lotus Pink, which I used as Color A)
Needles: US 10 Denise Circulars, which gave me a gauge of 13 stiches and 19 rows/4 inches
Notes:
  • The patterns says it will take two skeins of each color, but for the smallest size I only needed one each.
  • My slightly looser gauge meant that I got the desired length before I finished all the color repeats.
  • The Lamb's Pride felts fast! I wish I had taken it out around 15-16 minutes, rather than 18 or 19.

No comments: