Monday, November 05, 2007

FO - and Ready for Winter!

A couple days ago, I finally finished my Flared Lace Smoke Ring, which I first saw almost two years on Eunny's old blog and started a year ago. I really like it, and will need it -- maybe as soon as tomorrow morning!

flared lace smoke ring
If you click on the picture and go to Flickr, you'll see that my brother-in-law thinks I look like a turtle....

Details
Pattern: HeartStrings Flared Lace Smoke Ring by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer
Yarn: Garnstudio Drops Alpaca in 3770, a deep raspberry. This is one of my favorite yarns to work with. I also used it for my mom's Forest Canopy Shawl.
Needles: US6 circs
Notes: This is a nice, easy pattern. I enjoyed it, but did get tired of the last eight-row pattern repeat, which was repeated over and over and over.....

I also got a box from Land's End today, with a real winter coat (in black) and these:

boots

If I've got to wear warm boots, at least they can be pink!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, just the thought of needing that much of a coat and boots makes me cringe.

It's going to be 'cold' here tomorrow - high around 60, I think? And rainy. Bleh.

The smoke ring is gorgeous - LOVE the color!

Bezzie said...

Eeee! Isn't cold weather the best? I was just thinking I ought to make one of those smoke ring a majiggies. Seeing your pic seals it! It looks fab! (and matches your boots!)

Raveller said...

I've had the Smoke Ring on my mind too! When you really cover up for winter it will cover the space between coat and hat or hood and when you take yourr hat/hood off, you will look mahvelllous, dahling!

Anonymous said...

Love the Smoke Ring. I'm not looking forward to the cold coming but if it has to, that looks like it would help keep you warm.

Chris said...

The smoke ring is lovely!

Yeah, high today is supposed to 35 and it's 33 right now... Ugh!