Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

My dad was one of 9 kids. When I was a kid, the whole family -- 18 aunts/uncles, 29 cousins, and ever increasing numbers of cousins' spouses and kids -- would gather in an uncle's basement for Thanksgiving. Nowadays, we're much more far-flung, and many fewer attend. It seems every year, though, someone we haven't seen in a while reappears, but that's okay -- it makes us realize we're all family and no matter what, we'll always be there for each other.

I hope y'all got to spend today with people you love.


Thanksgiving 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw. :( I wish I could've been there. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Bezzie said...

Wow! That's a lot of people! Looks like a good time though!

Anonymous said...

We had a great Thanksgiving, too. Lots of food and family.

Chris said...

Wow - sounds like the sort of crowds that gather at my SIL's parents' place, where I was yesterday.