Two Objects were Finished today. First, thanks to my brother, the previously-discussed programmable thermostat was installed. He apparently tired of my incessant questions about installing it -- I really can do things like this myself, but I worried a lot about doing something that would cause my heat not to work at all -- so he drove over this weekend to take care of it for me.
I have to do a little touch-up painting, since the new thermostat isn't the same size as the old one, but I actually have a can of (matching) wall paint, so I'll get to that tomorrow.
The other finished object is the second Bus Stop Mitten.
When I went back to the thumb of the second mitten, I realized that I had screwed up the gusset increases. This part of the mitten was done while I was listening to some speakers Thursday afternoon, and apparently I wasn't paying enough attention to the mitten! I didn't twist the M1 increases. Not a single one. So I have rather attractive little holes up the sides of the thumb. Attractive, but not warm. So I sort of whip stitched them shut from the inside. Not so pretty, but fine for now. I have enough yarn that I could make a third mitten, if I decide I can't stand it.
Now I have to concentrate on the Honeybee Stole. I counted today, and realized that this section (20 repeats of 10 rows, done twice since this stole is knitted from the center to the end) is much longer than the other sections. That's good -- this section is interesting but not difficult. The other sections look much more interesting.... and maybe difficult....
So tonight I'll work on the Honeybee while I watch this weekend's Netflix -- Easy Rider and The Queen (yes, I do have eclectic taste!).